Fortnight Film Contest
Presented by the Capital City Film Festival
Contest Dates: March 21 to April 4, 2013
Registration: Now closed. Tickets to the Fortnight Film Contest Screening & Awards here
Fee: $100 (includes 2 CCFF all-access passes)
Rules and Other Stuff
- Contest will begin on March 21 and final edited entries are due by April 4. Contest will begin and end at the Lansing Public Media Center, located at 2500 S. Washington in Lansing. Teams must have at least one representative present at the contest kick-off on Thursday, March 21 at 6:30pm.
- Contest is open to all Michigan filmmakers. The entire team does NOT have to be made up of Michigan peeps as long as at least one of the following key creative positions is a Michigan resident: Writer, Director, Cinematographer or Editor.
- Entries must be shot and edited in Michigan during the contest Fortnight. That means you must shoot and edit your film only between the dates of March 21 and April 4.
- Entries must have a maximum total running time of 10 minutes including credits. Minimum total running time is 31.4 seconds.
- All music used must be royalty-free, licensed by participants, or an original work by participants.
- There will be required elements announced at the kick-off of the contest. Films must include those elements, as well as abide by any new requirements announced at that time, or they will be disqualified. (Genre will not be one of the required elements.)
- Any film that is not submitted by the deadline will be disqualified from the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Judging and Prizes
- Entries will be judged by a panel of professional filmmakers and film lovers.
- The top 15 entries will be screened as part of the CCFF lineup.
- Prizes will total $5,000 in cash and include first, second and third places as well as an audience choice award.
Questions? Email email@example.com