Fortnight Film Contest
Presented by the Capital City Film Festival
Contest Dates: March 20th to April 3rd, 2014
Registration: Now closed
Fee: $100 – entry includes 2 CCFF all-access passes (cash value: $50 each!)
Rules and Other Stuff
- Contest will begin on March 20th and final edited entries are due by 7pm on April 3rd. Contest will begin and end at the Lansing Public Media Center, located at 2500 S. Washington in Lansing, MI. Each team must have at least one representative present at the contest kick-off on March 20th.
- Contest is open to all Michigan filmmakers. The entire team does NOT have to be made up of Michigan peeps as long as at least one of the following key creative positions is a Michigan resident: Writer, Director, Cinematographer or Editor.
- Entries must be shot and edited in Michigan during the contest Fortnight. That means you must shoot and edit your film only between the dates of March 20th and April 3rd.
- Entries must have a maximum total running time of 10 minutes including credits. Minimum total running time is 31.4 seconds. Entries must be submitted as digital files in the Quicktime H.264 format. Entries must be returned in person to the Lansing Public Media Center or uploaded to our ftp site BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY. If you upload a file that is corrupt or will not play back properly, your entry will be disqualified. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND submitting your entry in person in order to ensure that the file is ok.
- All music used must be royalty-free, licensed by participants, or an original work by participants.
- There will be required elements announced at the kick-off of the contest. Films must include those elements, as well as abide by any new requirements announced at that time, or they will be disqualified. (Genre will not be one of the required elements, that is entirely up to the individual teams.)
- Any film that is not submitted by the deadline will be disqualified from the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Judging and Prizes
- Entries will be judged by a panel of professional filmmakers and film lovers.
- The top 15 entries will be screened as part of the CCFF lineup.
- Prizes will total $5,000 in cash and include first, second and third places as well as an audience choice award. Audience Choice Award will be determined by decibel meter. Bring your fans.
Questions? Email email@example.com