The Capital City Film Festival’s Fortnight Game Contest is a competition for teams of amateur, student, and professional game developers in Michigan to create a video game for a chance to win some BIG cash prizes!
Contest Dates: Check back in 2018 for contest dates
Fee: $100 – entry includes 2 all-access passes to the Capital City Film Festival (value: $50 each!)
Cash Prizes: $5,000 total
Rules & Other Stuff
• Game development for the contest will begin on March 16th and final entries are due either digitally or in person at the Lansing Public Media Center by 7pm on March 30th, 2017.
• Contest is open to all Michigan game developers. The entire team does NOT have to be made up of Michigan peeps; one Michigan-based member will suffice.
• There will be required elements announced at 7pm on March 16th by email to registered participants. Games must include those elements and abide by any new requirements announced at that time or they will be disqualified.
• Entries must be submitted as digital files that are playable on one of the following platforms: Mac OS X, Windows, Web, iOS, or Android.
• Any game that is not submitted by the deadline will be disqualified from the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Judging & Prizes
• Entries will be judged by a panel of professional game developers and game lovers.
• The top entries may be available for audiences at the Capital City Film Festival to play.
• The top 5 entries will be required to submit a trailer describing their game to be presented at the Fortnight Contest Awards event during the Capital City Film Festival. At least one member of the team must be present at this event.
• Prizes will total $5,000 in cash.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.483.4058