The Capital City Film Festival’s Fortnight Film Contest is a competition for teams of amateur, student, and professional filmmakers in Michigan to create a short film for a chance to win some BIG cash prizes!
Contest Dates: March 22 – April 5, 2018
Fee: $100 – entry includes 2 all-access passes to the Capital City Film Festival (value: $50 each!)
Cash Prizes: $5,000 total
Rules & Other Stuff
- Contest will begin on March 22nd and final edited entries are due by 7pm on April 5th. Required elements will be distributed by email to teams on March 22nd at 7pm to begin the contest. There will not be an in-person kickoff event.
- After the contest begins, registration fees are non-refundable.
- Contest is open to all Michigan filmmakers. The entire team does NOT have to be made up of Michigan peeps as long as at least one of the following key creative positions is a Michigan resident: Writer, Director, Cinematographer, Editor.
- Entries must be shot and edited in Michigan during the contest Fortnight. That means you must shoot and edit your film only between the dates of March 22nd and April 5th, 2018.
- Entries must have a maximum total running time of 10 minutes including credits. Minimum total running time is 31.4 seconds. Entries must be submitted as digital files in the Quicktime H.264 format. Entries must be returned in person to the Lansing Public Media Center (2500 S. Washington Ave. in Lansing) or uploaded via Dropbox BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT ONLY. If you upload a file that is corrupt or will not play back properly, your entry will be disqualified. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND submitting your entry in person in order to ensure that the file is all set.
- All music used must be royalty-free, licensed by participants, or an original work by participants.
- There will be required elements distributed by email on March 22nd. Films must include those elements, as well as abide by any new requirements announced at that time, or they will be disqualified. (Genre will not be one of the required elements – that is entirely up to the individual teams.)
- Any film that is not submitted by the deadline will be disqualified from the competition. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Judging & Prizes
- Entries will be judged by a panel of professional filmmakers and film lovers.
- The top entries will be screened as part of the CCFF lineup.
- Prizes will total $5,000 in cash and include first, second, and third places as well as an audience choice award. The audience choice award will be determined by decibel meter. Bring your fans!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517.483.4058